Musings of a mom journeying through work, mothering three boys, fashion passion, current state of mommyhood and daydreams.....

Friday, December 17, 2010

Fashion Emergency

Normally I pride myself on being quite the stylish individual. Magazines stuffed in nightstand drawers, peeking out from under the bed. An apt pupil of Anna Wintour, Joe Zee, Rachel Zoe and other stylists du jour. A bit of a label whore before kids and now post kids, learning to reshop my closet, Ebay and mix the expensive classics with the cheaper pieces to create a go-to wardrobe at the ready.  But as I found myself walking out of work tonight in Uggs, to save my buttery Italian leather boots from the snow following a guy in an Ecko sweatshirt; I thought it only fitting to revisit a few disastrous fashion trends I have fallen victim to, or love someone who has, throughout the years. After all, a new year is coming and what a better chance to do away with old and ring in the new.


Do you remember....


5 swatch watches worn around your wrist and swapping out the watch bands based on outfit?


Parachute pants? (Oh, how I just HAD to have those...)


One bandana tied around the ankle?


Three layers of slouchy socks?


Legwarmers? (thank you Flashdance)


Collars turned up?


Stirrup pants with long belted shirts?


Members only jackets?


800 rubber bracelets in black and other assorted colors up the wrist? (so early Madonna)


Tight perms and skyhigh bangs? (very 90s mallrat)


Cosby style sweaters?


peg legging your jeans? (still not sure how that flattered my leg line, and shame on you Katie Holmes for trying to bring it back)


Acid washed jeans?


High top fade haircuts?


Shoulder pads? (the bigger so NOT the better)


Jellies shoes?


Banana Clips?  (and I don't mean in the RZ way bananas)


Tommy Hilfiger? (I think I last saw him doing my bedroom sheets)


Tucking your shirt in the front, but not the back?


Scrunchies?  (I actually found one the other day... cleaning. Shudder.)




There are so many more we could list for our amusement, but one would start to think this is a Halloween posting versus reflecting on the upcoming New Year. I promise to keep my Uggs strictly for the bad weather to save my lovely boots from snow damage as resolution numero uno. I'd love to hear your favorite bad fashion memory. 

















0 comments:

Post a Comment